• 033 2552 3365
  • principal@bgc.org.in

About the department

The Department of Chemistry set out its journey in 1950 as the Intermediate level under the University of Calcutta. In 1961, the Pass course in the B.Sc level was introduced in the department and in 1967 the department was further upgraded for teaching Honours in Chemistry. The department is enriched with dedicated teachers and well-equipped laboratories.