The Department of Chemistry set out its journey in 1950 as the Intermediate level under the University of Calcutta. In 1961, the Pass course in the B.Sc level was introduced in the department and in 1967 the department was further upgraded for teaching Honours in Chemistry. The department is enriched with dedicated teachers and well-equipped laboratories.
|FACULTY PROFILE: Full Time|
|Name of the Teaching staff||Designation||Highest qualification|
|Dr. Arup Bandopadhyay (HOD)||Associate Professor||M.Sc. Ph.D|
|Dr. Sanat Kumar Saha||Associate Professor||M.Sc. Ph.D|
|Dr. Suparna Basu (Chaki)||Associate Professor||M.Sc. Ph.D|
|Dr. Soma Nath (Deogharia)||Assistant Professor||M.Sc. Ph.D|
|Dr. Prabir Kr. Sen||Assistant Professor||M.Sc. Ph.D|
|Dr. Dipanwita Majumdar||Assistant Professor||M.Sc. Ph.D|
|Dr. Nabakumar Bera||Assistant Professor||M.Sc. Ph.D|
|Dr. Sanjukta Muhuri||Assistant Professor||M.Sc. Ph.D|
|FACULTY PROFILE: Part Time|
|Shampa Saha Bhowmick||Part-time Faculty||M.Sc.|
|Undergoing UGC-Sponsored Minor Research Projects:|
Bargellini condensation: expeditious synthesis of multifunctionalised acids.
Dr. Prabir Kr. Sen
Synthesis, characterization and electrochemical study of Graphene /manganese dioxide nanocomposites.
Dr. Dipanwita Majumde